Flexible Brake Hoses with Hoyle suspension??

Technical Area for all the problems you have in the garage
phlip99
T289R Member
T289R Member

Flexible Brake Hoses with Hoyle suspension??

Post by phlip99 »

I'm getting all the parts together in order to carry out the fitment of the Hoyle/Hawk front suspension gear in place of the current MGB stuff.
I'll fit some Wilwood calipers & pistons while I'm at it and may as well change the stainless braided flexible hoses.... or.... if they look ok when I get in there I may as well leave them on... BUT.... I just came across this on a supplier's site...

"Goodridge Flexi Braided Hoses... Suitable for fitting to the front of a MGB and MGB GT & Factory V8 Models 1962 - 1981 ( Not Suitable If Spax Front Shock Conversion has been done as they use different Front hoses ) "

So it looks like I'll have to change the flexi hoses anyway - but what to??

I know lots of you have the Hoyle set-up - which/whose hoses are you using??

Cheers
Phil.
DavidA
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Flexible Brake Hoses with Hoyle suspension??

Post by DavidA »

Hi Phil,
I got this conversion about 20 years ago direct from Mr Hoyle, a very helpful guy who lived not far from me. He gave me plenty of advice and supplied a slightly widened version that filled the front wheel arches of my BRA. At that time the set up was available as an exchange Mgb front crossmember/axle axle with Hawk brakes and hoses included. The braided hoses were I think longer than standard. If you are fitting Willwood brakes it may be best to get everything together before ordering hoses.
Best Wishes DavidA