Hawk 3.5 for auction

For Sale and Wanted Section
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Hawk 3.5 for auction

Post by peterc »

A friend directed me to Anglian Car Auctions who have a nice looking 3.5 Rover engined Hawk 289 slab side for auction. Expecting £32K to £38k.
Nicely presented although there are one or two things I would have done differently. E.g. has an exposed steering column in cockpit which would be better covered with the VW indicator switch as used on an original car.
Pre SVA model on period plate so might be VED free.
Peter C
Colin Newbold

Re: Hawk 3.5 for auction

Post by Colin Newbold »

The car made £25k in the room and this was below the reserve. The car was still for sale at 09:00 this morning. I spent 3 hours viewing this car yesterday. Sadly, this car is built to a very basic standard (completely standard MGB suspension parts) and has deteriorated significantly since being built. Mark from Total Headturners once sold this car for £50k and even though ACA came down to £30k all-in for me, I still thought it was too much.
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

To be honest Colin that’s about the right price for a basic 3.5 with MGB suspension. I don’t think you will find anything for less that’s worth buying.
Up the spec and you would be expecting 40k+ even 50k privately and obviously more through trade outlets.
Hawk’s do seem to command a good price.
Peter C
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Thanks Migge...it's a case of 'there he goes again'!! £50k for a Rover engine and (what looks like) standard MGB front suspension. At least it's a good colour and has the Jag IRS.

My budget's £35k tops though.
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Thanks Migge...it's a case of 'there he goes again'!! £50k for a Rover engine and (what looks like) standard MGB front suspension. At least it's a good colour and has the Jag IRS.

My budget's £35k tops though.
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

peterc wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:39 am To be honest Colin that’s about the right price for a basic 3.5 with MGB suspension. I don’t think you will find anything for less that’s worth buying.
Up the spec and you would be expecting 40k+ even 50k privately and obviously more through trade outlets.
Hawk’s do seem to command a good price.
Peter C
When I think I sold a beautiful '06 DB9 last year with only 1 previous owner and less that 18k miles for less, it makes me cringe! I bought a 987.1 Boxster S with ave miles one year ago for just £13k. Helluva lot of car for the money!

But sadly that OCD (Obsessive Cobra Disorder) has set back in and I'm looking for my 10th now!

Colin
Migge

Post by Migge »

In France someone is trying to sell a BRA with many faults and bad detail finishing for 70T Euros!!!!
https://www.carandclassic.com/l/C1714993
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

As we say in England..."they're havin' a larf!"