Looking for KD289 cobra owners

General Cobra & Ace topics
Migge

Re: Looking for KD289 cobra owners

Post by Migge »

Your bonnet Andrew :-) Stoneleigh 2007
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Special customized BRA289
Dynosoar

Post by Dynosoar »

2007-!
Actually I can't remember which year I completed the car.
I do remember making that badge as a bit of a joke though. I stuck it on with blue tack at Stoneleigh as a temporary measure and it is still there now.

Thanks for the photo instructions. Unfortunately I failed at the first hurdle as the button isn't there for me. Maybe it is an Apple thing or not available to 'lurkers' on the forum like me.

Nice to hear that David. Well apart from the surgery bit..
I spend most of my workshop time on customer ASM's but I do have the aforementioned KD on the go as well as tarting up a 1969 El Camino as the workshop truck. I also crossed to the dark side and invested some savings into a nice 1964 C2 corvette coupe.
Alongside that lot is my sister's old 1964 Caddy.
KD no 1 needs a re wire really and might end up going injection. John Eales crossover manifolds do look quite tempting but I have a Holley Sniper that will just fit straight on top.

A
David Large

Post by David Large »

I looked at a Corvette before I bought my 968 Porsche. I decided a Corvette would be hopeless as a touring car. I wanted a car to go touring in Europe with my wife and it was a great success. She really doesn't like the 289 but she loves the Porsche. I have just finished washing it and it looks great. It is so comfortable, lots of luggage space and adequately fast.
David
Dynosoar

Post by Dynosoar »

Well I managed to get about six mini kegs into the spare wheel well of my 'vette for a Le Mans trip one year and we have also had a gas camping fridge into the back on a different trip, so not necessarily bad for touring.
Then again, there is the Cadillac for proper continental touring in style..

A
KD289

Post by KD289 »

Hi guys, thanks for your replies, I love to know more about your KD289’s cars. We finished 3 cobras ourselves and I knew at least 1 had been sold in Germany, I was looking for a kind I sold to a lad in Liverpool ! I can only remember they called him Dave as it’s so long ago. I loaned this lad my car trailer to pick up him complete body/chassis kit, unfortunately as he drove out of our driveway he court my son Luke who was only 2 years old! Pulling him under the trailer!!! I rushed him to hospital! He had a tyre mark across his back but was ok🥴 Luke is now Cobra mad, that’s why I’m looking around for a built or part built cobra I’m on the cobra Uk Facebook if anyone wants to post any pictures please. Kind regards. Kevan
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

Oh my God! What a terrifying moment! 😱
Such a relief that he was unhurt, but clearly Cobras left their mark! 😄
Good luck with your search. 👍🏻
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
Migge

Post by Migge »

Phil from TVRbarn.co.uk has a KD body and he will put it on a Griffith chassis
Special customized BRA289
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Dynosoar wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:47 am Thanks for the photo instructions. Unfortunately I failed at the first hurdle as the button isn't there for me. Maybe it is an Apple thing or not available to 'lurkers' on the forum like me.
Yeah - sorry about that - it's a feature for paid-up members only unfortunately. There's a how-to on using Flickr to achieve the same sort of thing though - last one in the list" https://www.the289register.com/phpBB3/v ... =10&t=3133
KD289 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:06 pm Hi guys, thanks for your replies, I love to know more about your KD289’s cars. We finished 3 cobras ourselves and I knew at least 1 had been sold in Germany, I was looking for a kind I sold to a lad in Liverpool ! I can only remember they called him Dave as it’s so long ago. I loaned this lad my car trailer to pick up him complete body/chassis kit, unfortunately as he drove out of our driveway he court my son Luke who was only 2 years old! Pulling him under the trailer!!! I rushed him to hospital! He had a tyre mark across his back but was ok🥴 Luke is now Cobra mad, that’s why I’m looking around for a built or part built cobra I’m on the cobra Uk Facebook if anyone wants to post any pictures please. Kind regards. Kevan
Ouch - that's quite an incident... Glad to hear from you Kevan. We are just about to launch our new 289 Car Register to keep track of all types of 289, and as KD is new to me, I will add it as a manufacturer. Did you just call it the KD 289, or did it have an official name of some sort?

Cheers,

Andy
KDCobra
Forum member
Forum member

Post by KDCobra »

I'm from Germany and I own a KD289. I can send you some Pictures If you're interested.
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Hi KD289

Welcome to the forum! Only paying members can post photos direct to the forum but free forum users can use Flickr to embed pictures in posts if you want? Here is a 'hoot': http://www.the289register.com/phpBB3/vi ... ckr#p20447

I think you can also use photo bucket and some other similar photo sharing services.

Paying members get a magazine every quarter, access to the car register and other things. You can join here: https://www.the289register.com/amember/signup

I checked our car register, and you might be the first KD in there if you were to join the club. We have the manufacturer and model, but no cars on the register yet. Would be interested in seeing your pictures.

Kind regards
Andrew